Monday, June 27, 2011

It has been quite a day...

For those of you keeping track of the Tag Tier Project, I pretty much re-wrote the list today. Eagle/Sami got kicked downstairs and a bunch of COs went way up. I finally got around to finding a better map, so that probably helps. XD

My earlier thinking had been that I should use a smaller map to make the tests go by faster. The only problem... after what seems like a thousand runs on it I know the damned thing well enough that I could probably beat Hachi with Grit on it. So I got a bigger map with even better ratings, and I've got better strategic options to play with now. It also doesn't take as long to play as I feared, so I think I'll stick with it.

With all that said, I've done a batch of re-testing and busted a lot of assumptions. Most obvious is that Eagle and the mass-damage COs got kicked upstairs, past Creepy Crawly. I don't think I'm done bumping them either. And COs like Hachi and Sensei definitely need to have another go. It always did bother me that Hachi could give Grizzled Vets a hard time and yet lose to Shaky Alliance. Methinks perhaps the better map I have now will remedy this.

Stay tuned. I'm not done rebalancing the list yet, not even close...

No comments:

Post a Comment